EMGLAB FORUM

EMGLAB FORUM >Single annotation for all channels

Subject:   Single annotation for all channels

Reply via e-mail to Konstantin Akhmadeev.  
  Hello,

I use MTLEMG to decompose a multichannel iEMG and it outputs a single annotation for all of my channels (except some small shifts due to different template centering).

But then the annotation that I add manually is applied only to the active channel instead of all of them. Is there any way to make EMGLAB to automatically link the annotations and update them for all the channels?

Thanks,
Konstantin
  >> Reply to this message  

Subject:   Re: Single annotation for all channels

Reply via e-mail to Konstantin Akhmadeev.  
  Update:
I've just checked the original article on EMGLAB, so this is what it says:
"The temporal offset between the spikes will depend on the conduction delay between the recording sites ... The inter-channel offset can also exhibit a variability or jitter from discharge to discharge ... Because of this jitter, the discharge times of the spikes in one channel provide only a rough estimate of the discharge times of the spikes in another channel. Therefore, EMGLAB keeps separate lists of discharge times for every channel."

This completely makes sense. So I correct my question:

Is there a way to override the standard functioning of EMG in order to make it synchronise the annotations for multiple channels?

Comment: my electrodes were spaced by 2-3mm and placed along the muscle fibers, so the conduction delay is very small in my case. Anyways, I think I could adjust the firings by hand in secondary channels, if only EMGLAB added them there automatically.
  >> Reply to this message  

sponsors:
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Rehabilitation Research and Development Center
|
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke